photo by destinationweddings.com
Are you thinking about a destination wedding? Here are some good reasons to say yes!
- Destination weddings can include a handful of close family members or a large guest list that looks like a great reason for a beautiful family reunion.
- Destination weddings are virtually stress-free. Many resorts and cruise lines around the world have made it easier to wed on-site with full-time wedding coordinators on staff who are familiar with that country’s marriage license requirements and who offer wedding packages that take care of all your ceremony essentials (photographer, cake, minister, entertainment, etc.). You step off the plane, sign the papers and they take care of the rest. You can also hire a local travel agent or wedding planner in your town who specializes in destination weddings that can help you pull off the whole thing.
- A destination wedding helps eliminate family drama. Sometimes wedding planning brings out the worst in family members who want you to listen to their ideas for your wedding that you might not like. With a destination wedding, you are in control of the entire process.
- Destination weddings are cost effective. Couples on a tight budget can have an extravagant and memorable wedding at an all-inclusive resort where they can stay for a deluxe week long honeymoon for a few thousand dollars, including lodging, meals, drinks, and airfare. Most weddings today with 150 guests would cost about $29,000 plus the money for the honeymoon.
- Destination weddings are perfect for second weddings. If the couples have children, it allows time for special memories and bonding for the family unit during your stay.
- Destination weddings give you more time to spend with your family. A normal reception is only 5 hours leaving you no time to spend with your family members who may have traveled far to join you on your special day. You can arrive a few days early to spend quality time with your entire family.
Thumbnail photo by applebrides.com