So you are engaged and can’t wait to get started on the planning. Our site has all the components you need to get you from here to the aisle. Whether you are planning your wedding in the Philadelphia area, New Jersey or Delaware, here are some tips that you might want to consider before you start:
- View and Print our Countdown Calendar and Budget Planner to be sure that you are getting everything done in the proper time frame and within your budget. Setting a budget and timeline are the first steps to a good start in the planning process. Click here to view and print our Countdown Calendar and Budget Planner
- You must first decide on the ceremony site, if you are having it in a formal church setting, getting the date from the church is your first order of business and everything else will follow. If you are having it at the same place as your reception, then start there. Go to our article about the best ceremony sites
- Send out your save the date cards one year in advance if you are getting married during the Summer or a holiday. People need advance notice to rearrange their vacations.
- Check out our article on engagement photo shoots and the best places to do them. You might want to use them in your save the date cards. Some photographers offer a free engagement shoot when you book them for your wedding.
- Take the time to celebrate your engagement with your family and friends with an official engagement party. Check our directory for the best intimate venues to hold your celebration. Look in the rehearsal dinner directory as well. It can be an intimate get together where the couples introduce their parents for the first time or you can bring in all the family and friends at once.
- Go to bridal shows with your fiancé, bridesmaids and family. They are a lot of fun and you will get caught up in the excitement with all the other brides that are engaged. You will have the chance to meet great vendors face to face, win prizes and try out the food at the venue. Check our events calendar for upcoming shows in your area.
- Check out all our articles on each stage of planning as well as our inspiring photo gallery for ideas on creating your own signature style.
- Take time out for romance. You can get caught up in all the planning and forget to celebrate the love that led you to this point. Our sister site, inn-season.com offers great ideas for weekend getaways at bed and breakfast inns and boutique hotels, seasonal attractions and dining spots that will keep the sparks flying all the way through to your wedding day.
Warm Regards and best wishes on your journey to the aisle. Feel free to contact us with any questions along the way.