Changing your name

Your honeymoon is the first place that you will start using your “Mr and Mrs” status, but ladies,  make sure you only wear it on a shirt, beach bag or towel.  When booking your honeymoon make sure you make all your arrangements in your maiden name.  The temporary marriage certificate given to you by your wedding officiant is not legal for boarding airplanes or boats.  Your marriage license in Philadelphia and New Jersey will be ready to pick up 7 to 10 days after your wedding day at the municipal building in the town you got married in.  Many brides had problems with their honeymoon travel plans because they made their reservations with their newly married name.  When you return home, take time to gather all your legal documents and make your name change at that time.